Sage, the market and technology leader for integrated accounting, payroll & HR and payment systems, has unveiled a secured online payroll solution for start-up and small businesses, and easy financial management for the smallest businesses with invoicing on the go called Sage One Payroll and Sage One Invoicing into the Nigerian market.
The brands are designed to help small businesses focus on what really matters, these software solutions give business builders the freedom to run their businesses anywhere, anytime.
Sage One Payroll seamlessly integrates with Sage One Accounting, offering a complete business solution for start-up and small businesses. Sage One Invoicing is an entry-level version of Sage One Accounting that makes it easy for sole traders, self-employed consultants and other micro-business owners to produce professional quotes and invoices.
Says Magnus Nmonwu, Regional Director for Sage in West Africa: “We aim to make tasks such as admin and red tape invisible by 2020 so that businesses of all sizes can focus on their business strategy, their customers and following their dreams. This is why we place a huge emphasis on automating those tasks that business builders enjoy the least.”
Sage One Payroll, accessible from the cloud
Sage One Payroll is a smart online payroll solution that can be accessed 24/7 and caters for local tax and legal requirements. It allows unlimited earnings (owed to employees) and deductions (what the employee owes). The software makes it easy to calculate employees’ net salaries or wages, as well as deductions such as Pay-as-You-Earn (PAYE) and contributions to National Housing Fund (NHF), National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), pension and life insurance.
For as little as NGN 600 for two employees per month, Sage One Payroll streamlines the capturing of transactions, automates payroll calculations and brings visibility to the business. It also makes it simpler to keep track of annual changes to tax regulations that impact on payroll tax calculations.
“Sage One Payroll complies with all statutory requirements in Nigeria and is priced in local currency, yet it also has the full backing of a global software giant – Sage,” says Nmonwu. “That means our customers enjoy the benefits of a cloud payroll solution which is designed for the local market and yet is built on the latest global best practices and technologies.”
Core features in Sage One Payroll include:
- Easy to use: With easy-to-use templates and no payroll jargon, the solution allows employers to simply sign up, add employees and start processing within 5 minutes.
- Available anywhere, anytime: Organisations can access data from the cloud which means that their data is available online, anywhere, anytime. All they need is an internet connection.
- Tax submissions made easy: With Sage One Payroll, payroll legislation is taken care of. Employers can comply with Personal Income Tax Act (http://APO.af/PdCGwK) requirements and generate tax certificates in one simple step.
- Unlimited companies, employees and users: With this smart online payroll solution, the payroll expands and shrinks as a business grows, enabling it to add as many employees or pay cycles as it would like to.
- Flexible pricing: The pricing plan, based on different brackets of employee count, won’t break the bank. Companies can pay per month or per year.
- Combating fraud and user error: Sage One Payroll software delivers better visibility into transactions, provides an audit trail, reconciles input and output and offers a set of controls, checks and balances that help to prevent errors and fraud.
Sage One Invoicing enables sole traders and micro-business owners to quote and invoice on-the-go from their PC or mobile device, as long as they have access to an Internet connection, from only NGN 27 840 a year and NGN 2 900 a month. Customers don’t need accounting software training or financial experience to use the software.
It also provides real-time reports and dashboards so customers can monitor the outcome of quotes, track due and overdue invoices, monitor gross profits and identify popular and fast-selling items. Providing a secure view of their finances on-the-go so they are ready to respond to business opportunities anytime, anywhere.
“Business builders can save hours of paperwork each month, so they don’t spend their weekends compiling invoices, issuing quotes or doing reconciliation,” says Nmonwu. “When a business outgrows Sage One Invoicing, it can easily upgrade to Sage One Accounting — the complete Sage solution for small businesses that require more accounting, cash flow management and business insights.”